Friday, April 08, 2011

A Modicum Of Restraint

I can quit anytime I want,
all those who claim
that I’ve lost my head
to this supposed addiction
are merely jealous of my joy.

Though my family
are now memory vapors,
despite the useless dribble of that therapist,
even with my boss
having taken away my career
claiming my passion for this hobby
detracted from my efficiency,
inside I know in the recesses of my heart
they are all envious over my blessings.

For now I see and sense those shells of pleasure
with everywhere I go finding them appearing as an awakening,
as they dominate and consume my mind with a new life.

Yet, I suffer a visionary’s martyr fate,
just because unlike many who are slaves to vanities,
there is no weakness in me for such indulgences.

What they call a sickness
is to me being focused
at last finding the genuine core of truth
and I’ll never abandon this genesis in my soul,
because it is real life and not an compulsive obsession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home