Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Regrettable Flukes Of Fate

Oh wicked sting that has touched my innocent hands
so they must bear the shame of blunders,
can’t control how those forces collide
with the sweet desires for love and kindness.

Now I hope you will understand
how this is a sadness that reigns over me,
one that I take no delight in
while I sit here today in this courtroom
ready to explain the misfortunes of luck
that have befallen me.

There I was simply wishing
to prepare a small morsel of sandwich lunch
when all of sudden my fingers developed cramps
just about the time that woman next door
came through the kitchen door
and you can imagine my shock
once my arm flew by itself
like it was possessed due to my muscle spasms,
which resulted in the blade stabbing her twelve times.

Surely the courts can appreciate this was not intentional
any more than the three other times it happened.
And I vow that I have replaced all my cutlery
in order to help ensure it won’t happen again.

If there is any chance for the court to grant me mercy
at least you can appreciate
how I did eliminate that faulty chain saw
as well as the ax I had
after those sad incidents of involuntary butchery.

Just hope you that my making changes like that
will be a sign to the powers that be
about my genuine desire to only do good
even when things happen beyond my means to stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home