Monday, April 18, 2011

Dinner Time

My world fades at sunset
as night covers my dinner plate,
I look at the meal and there is no dessert,
what I once hoped as my feast
has been replaced by dull and bland buffets.

Gazing at that pitiful serving
while remembering when I imagined
such bountiful options,
not this ordinary entrée that doesn’t inspire
or fill me with the excitement I once craved.

Oh there was a time I envisioned a life
with every meal consumed at gourmet restaurants,
sampling succulent and savory treasures,
every day a masterpiece in mouthwatering morsels.

It would have been perfect and so amazing,
but those epicurean fantasies just evaporated,
a victim of more desire than choices,
kept telling myself it would change,
only as time elapsed the hope shrank,
until now I sit with fast food leftovers
feeling that memory withering as a dying leaf,
fallen from my tree of tomorrows that will never be
as autumn comes to my reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home