Friday, January 21, 2011

Upon The Waves

I felt the call of siren sounds
and the subtle sighs of mermaids
though Poseidon scepter stirred the waves.
Within I craved the mariner’s dream
only it was submersed and flooded
by the sudden curse of Tsunamis.

Adrift in the midst of my passions
my sail torn and compass lost,
yet unable to fight against the currents,
incapable of simply finding some shore
to stroll and swim that sea of fantasies.

Of all the options my mind could fathom
at last I accepted this course set before me
to not fight against the tides,
but follow them with a lucid grasp
upon the rudder of my life.

So I floated across the vast cerulean uncertainty
in a direction where I had no power to control,
finally feeling some peace upon my voyage
though my song of passage
couldn’t penetrate the waters below me
nor would it be heard as anchor for my heart.

Now the horizon bids with its own sounds
beyond that night ocean of dreams.
Inside the sight of that distant edge
makes me feel the surrender and calm
for I have come to the end of illusions.
Ready for once to discover the harbors
where I’ll dwell in a sunrise
never seen before by my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home