Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Clarity At Last

I was always trapped on the cusp,
my birth date of June 21
made me a Cancer on some charts
and Gemini on another.

Reading horoscopes as mainly confusing
since the predictions were different
for everyone that I checked
while I felt inclined to check both
the Cancer and Gemini
just to see which had the best forecast,
only seemed far to me.

Under the new charts I will be a Gemini,
which is okay since half put me there already,
though it to me won’t change
those Cancer quirks of my nature.

Still what fun would life be
if we didn’t get a chance from time to time
to ruin what is predictable and understood
then toss in something totally different
that invites the complaints and head scratches.

No reason for astrology to be spared
this process of transition
probably was some bureaucrat’s idea
since they love to complicate
what was working so easy.

Not going to let it bother me
since most of the type
my horoscope never seems
accurate anyway,
still waiting for the big windfall
that was predicted
when all I got was a repair bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home