Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fruit

I can learn the lessons of sowing,

the skills to till the soil,

see the fields rise in the furrows

from the toil my fingers have taken.

 

But it is a fleeting form of vanity

just a harvest of the ego,

should the fruit not truly ripen

within my soul as in the sun.

 

For unless I’ve truly tasted

what is reaped from my labors,

let the Lord use it to touch and transform

what lies inside,

then it is just another season

where the crops never rise in my heart.

 

By prayer and diligence the inner growth comes,

fueled by the Holy Spirit’s showers

to cleanse and renewal what is tainted.

 

Because there is no greater joy

than the one, which comes as blessings

where the Lord has slowly planted

His seeds of gift into our lives,

and we have the song of praise

arise from such thanksgiving

since this years bounty

is truly more enriching than the last.

 

How happy is the time

when we can see and feel

those weeds that choked our day

wither by God’s power,

no matter if the sky is gray

or the scenery some times harsh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home