Sunday, October 10, 2010

Whatever you want

Whatever you want
to make the reindeer fly.
Oh I let the legend give Santa all the credit,
won’t mention those times he had flu
and I drove the sleigh,
thank goodness elves donated some beard hair
to make the fake one I wore.

Alas, Christmas is about magic
so that I always keep it going,
letting my extra help
be my little secret.

ust the internet
by a vast space of cyber lies?
Oceans of web sites
swirling with seductions,
swimming in deceptive mermaids
and counterfeit sirens.

Who offer voyages to paradise,
but they only end sunken dream ships.
Pity that truth seldom flows
through its many currents
as we sit in our harbor keyboards
trying to book passage
to somewhere truly exotic,
having spice we can’t find.

Email sails set for islands
hoping to find love’s shore,
ripped and tattered heart canvas
keeps drifting on the inbox stream,
thinking the next horizon
will bring some real enchantment.

There are more sharks and barracuda
among the seas of correspondence,
somewhere people decided
piracy of trust was acceptable
when a mariner on net waves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home