Friday, October 08, 2010

Paydays

Pieces of paper singing you dreams
holding onto the image of it in your hand
quickly rushing to the bank to collect the cash
oh time for joy’s spellbinding shopping trip!

Sales were mistress I never could resist
I craved that liaison the incredible euphoria,
my fingers caressing my treasure
sure it would give endless hours of pleasure.

By Friday night the magic fled
those trinkets were dead and had no promises left,
then came the winter of in betweens
nothing to do on a budget
except live in my desert of voids
far from any chance for paradise.

Over and over I repeated this charade
sometimes actually shopping less
just to make the money last,
didn’t really chance the thrills that I felt
since they were as lasting as the wind.

Perhaps I’ll learn and not keep making smiles
tied to how much I have,
until the next bargain comes along
when I lose it again
because I love the rush of hope
even if it fleeting and vain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home