Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh Brother!

How far I’ve fallen from my dream
when my brother and I were yet pups
in that cradle of a kennel as naiveté ruled our innocence.

I saw our destiny in golden spotlight moments
of pet food commercials and even a movie or two,
whoa to me that I should have the bond so blood
unto a frail and fickle fleabag sibling
who couldn’t keep from letting his teeth
bite into those possible benefactors
and the ones who could help us ascend the stardom staircase.

So family over fortune have I vowed,
no matter what course it shall take our fate.

Here we are the regretful slaves
unto the Mutant Mutt Security Guard Dog agency.
This guarding a traveling musician
not my idea of fame.

Wish the lunch time didn’t always offer
leftovers from some greasy diner,
yet I let my brother have the coffee stained egg remains
while I go after the more delectable options,
after all family may come first,
but not over my stomach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home