Thursday, August 26, 2010

SAY WHAT

Peddling along the bike path
as it spreads in a asphalt ribbon
across a rocky ridge miles long,
no bushes or any obstacles to in anyway detract
from looking at the bordering river bed on one side
and houses on the other.

Ahead, I see a woman walking, dressed all in white,
appearing in her twenties,
more attired like she was going shopping
that for an afternoon trek in high heels.

I rode passed her we exchanged glances,
but her eyes strangely seemed to look through me,
giving me a very spooky sensation.

Her face was calm,
yet seemed so beset by some empty gaze of lostness,
which I could sense.

Seconds later,
coming to a curve and gazing back,
noticing with shivers running through my spine
she had completely vanished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home