Monday, August 16, 2010

Plans

Bright and bold that day did shine,
ages of superior reckoning
flowed in its glory through my veins.
Was another day of euphoric supervision
at my company's office
where I prepared to hold court
over a customer's service need.
It was a special weekend request
and since I was the weekend Lord,
the joy of "kill" for that prey of need
fell upon my shoulders.

Oh we prepared with vigilant ardor
all the strategy that years of skilled talent
could offer.

It sound so stunningly victorious
when we discussed the details on the phone.
Somewhere in the boasting and positivism
facts got lost in the blur of overconfidence,
final period written to our labors,
incompetent moron was not a word we enjoyed
being called by outraged customer.
All the should of, would of and could of
didn't help replace the simple blunder
of having my boss leave out several locations
from the group we were suppose to pick up.
Accidentally deleted in his email,
which I never got in the first place,
our courier crown of delivery tarnished,
no amount of lies able to quite restore its shine,
until we gave the customer a humongous credit
for our day in the sun with our heads stuck up our behinds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home