Thursday, June 03, 2010

The Next Exit

This is Los Angeles you know,
miles of asphalt rivers all snarled and jammed,
don't you worry lived here all my life,
I can tell you how to get to the nearest Arco AM/PM
for that sixty-four ounce refill using your ATM card,
understand being out of town how you are trying to save a buck.

Why there is one at the next exit,
no wait, forgot that is closed,
under construction, tax dollars at work.

So best go to the one after that,
on second thought, forget that one too,
it will only take you to that mall,
which shut down last year, economy sucks, what can I say?

Hmmm, now don't give me that look,
honest, I will get you there.
Oh wait, I just remember there is a closer one,
go back on freeway the other direction,
yeah, I'm sure there is an ARCO
if you turn to the left or um, go north,
about four blocks or is it six?
Anyway, it is there, nice one too, darn, sorry about that,
just remembered it isn't open, remodeling as I recall.

Ah, now I got it, just keep going straight,
seem to recall some ARCO sign somewhere up there,
all these places kind of blur in my head after a while,
guess that is why I never left,
couldn't find the sign to freeway heading up north,
just got stuck unable to decide if it was suppose to be
ten, fifteen or whatever for the freeway number.

But trust me, just keep going ahead,
then when you're done how about coming back to give me a ride,
need to get home, can't remember where I parked my car,
think I live not too far from here,
no problem we can figure it out, when you get back
and bring me a drink too if you don't mind
hey, you want directions to Disneyland,
never made it there, heard it is couple exits away, sort of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home