Sunday, January 03, 2010

Then I’ll Dream

The waters of life always flow upstream

to touch the bridges of possibility,

it can’t be gained by depending

upon another person to paddle,

this boat in my soul only floats

if my hands move in sync with my ability.

 

Even if the surface sailed is smooth and still,

no matter if I can find the fish I seek

in the shallow spots of ease,

within I still am beckoned ahead

a rendezvous with my goals.

 

For I can listen to the oarsman’s voice

who say they know each tide and bank,

understand their depths and perils,

but wisdom without sweat

is just a trolling trudge in circles

because it never yields the peace

that comes from piloting with all my passion,

intensely thrusting my glide in earnest stroke

towards where awaits the fulfillment

of the vision that gives me strength.

 

Though the sun burns my skin

on my passage to the crest of my zeal,

I will not cease or surrender to lethargy’s lure.

 

With each inch floated shall I not lose heart

since I only thrive when all I am

completely yields to my flame in hope

to realize reaching the dock of my desires.

 

Once I have anchored in that spot

filled with the joy of that success

then I’ll dream

what is the next landing for my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home