Monday, June 13, 2011

Steel Fingers

Though the air summons any climatic knots
tying up the mind and stirring the stomach,
even when the cupboard is a hollow pit
and no horizon cavalry await to ease the hunger
my fingers might bend, but never break
to reach out and help shield you against that pain.

For what is life and its panoply of problems
but mere seasons of the heart?
None can ever rob you of a smile
or toss your soul into a dark sizzling vat
because my hands will be there
ever holding on no matter the risk
even if it means I have to fall myself.

Because our friendship is a sun
burning without end,
a brilliant star we can see in any night
radiant with how we care for each other.

Now when the morn summons fears
just know our light will outshine that darkness,
it will never end no matter what happens.

Take my hand in yours and sleep in peace
tonight I be there to whisper every assurance
until you only know my arms will be there
to suffer the scars upon my own body
so you won’t suffer another moment’s stress.

And that is the bond we share
two lives like siblings who give all for the other
with a love that will never cease
as long as there is a day or night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home