Thursday, July 15, 2010

Daybreak

Sifting through
a multitude of recollections
I watch the sun rise over
dew drops on the fallen leaves
I surrender myself to the belief
that this caress of morning
sows the seed of hope
For the renewal of vows
that you so disdainfully rescinded
just a few moments ago.

First light

Waiting dawn's unveiling incandescent sheet
to paint its amber stain upon the day,
my brain flips through the pages
of memory's sacred scrapbook
stopping to cherish the images
from each precious post card second
that I have spent lost in her arms.

Sun's yellow aura fans the horizon
brushing away the cloak of eve,
golden spears of shine
pierce the trees,
shafts becoming fingers
penetrating my world
touching my heart with flames
burning with heat of possibilities
swirling through my senses
lifting me from blackness
to ascend the sky of winged thoughts
where I see visions of promising tomorrows
bereft the burden of disbelief and despair

Watching the light smother our bed,
tracing the impression of your absent body,
clinging to hope that I will see our love's first light
I thought would last forever,
which your words assured still glows last night,
will somehow guide you back to me
from the midnight's land of unspoken darkness
where you left to visit so unexpectedly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home